Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Food has replaced sex in my life, now I can't even get into my own pants" - Unknown

So this week I started biking to work and found that I am WAY out of shape. So I started working out and I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of fruit and veggies. I also picked up some of those healthy choice steamers. I was surprised, they are really good! In the middle of eating a rosemary chicken and potato steamer I got a visit from my buddy Justin with a little present.

I am a HUGE fan of spicy food, my bowels however are not. But I sacrifice the well-being of my anus for food that makes my mouth feel like a volcano. The hotter the better! Alright enough rambling...


The wings you see here are Raspberry Habenero wings from Barkers Bar and Grill. Justin used to make these a few years ago, but they were never put on the menu as a permanent item. On a side note, I do not eat at this establishment for personal reasons, but please do not let that stop you from checking the place out. The service is awesome and the food is great. I think Justin brought them over so I would put them on the blog. Such an attention whore!

On to how tasty these are!

When you bite into these wings the first thing you taste is the sweetness of the raspberry, then a slow warming sensation with a hint of habenero. Now this blows my mind because any one who has eaten a habenero knows there is no slow warming sensation with that pepper, it usually goes from zero to HELLO! THIS IS HOT! But with these, its a tolerable heat. Even a person who doesn't really like spicy food can handle these wings, unless you think ketchup is spicy. Im usually a bleu cheese guy when it comes to wings, but with these I like ranch. Something about the creaminess and flavor of ranch dressing really brings out and compliments the flavor of these wings. A+ Justin!

http://www.facebook.com/barkers.barandgrill



Any way, try and stay cool over the next few days! Hopefully it starts cooling off or at least one could hope for the humidity to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment