Friday, August 5, 2011

Eat meat! Because the west wasn't won on salad.

Last night was a very fun night at Uncle Mikes M Pour E Yum. Where do I begin? Mike came and picked me up from the tattoo shop last night at 8 because my starter is out on my Saturn. After a short drive up to exit 4 we got to Uncle Mikes. Every Thursday is steak night at this establishment and let me tell you, it is the best steak in the area PERIOD! They also have acoustic bands that play every thursday so you can enjoy your steak with some music. As soon as you walk in your nose is assaulted with the wonderful smell of smokey goodness from the grill. Oh man, writing about this makes me want to go get steak again haha.

Here is the price list for the steaks. There are also other things on the menu that you can get to accompany your steak like shrimp skewers and crab legs.

All cuts of steak are hand cut at Uncle Mikes, so if you want a bigger steak ask and you shall receive! Also I think that ups the quality of the meat as well, because they are taking the time to trim the parts of the steak that you don't want to eat.

This right here is Wisconsin's largest indoor wood fired grill! The man with the tongs is a true "Renaissance Man" when it comes to grilling steak! I didn't have to tell him how I wanted my steak, he just cooked it. PERFECTION! I know some people are freaked out by bloody steak, but with certain cuts of meat a nice medium rare to medium is the way to go for maximum flavor.

Here was my steak. An 8 oz. BACON WRAPPED Fillet Mignon searing to perfection. Ugh, my mouth is watering just looking at it. By far one of the best steaks I've ever had in a restaurant! I asked for A1 steak sauce like an idiot, I never even touched the bottle. The steak alone was so flavorful I didn't need to ruin it by adding sauce.

Ah the final result. Steak, shrimp skewer and drawn butter, sauteed veggies, and homemade pepper jack mac n cheese. As you all know I love shrimp so I attacked that first. Perfectly grilled and the butter made it even better. Next was the steak. Juicy, flavorful, tender. Just like a steak should be. Then I had a few bites of veggies and moved on to the mac n cheese. Homemade mac n cheese is a favorite of mine. The pepper jack cheese had a little kick in the heat department, but it wasn't overpowering. A very good mac n cheese indeed!

After I stuffed my face with all that goodness, I tried fending off the food coma that was starting to set in. Had a few beers and margarita bombs (try them, the are fantastic) with Mike, Justin, and Troy. Then I had the chance to meet this character. Meet Wild Bill, a 66 year old Marine who hasn't shaved his beard in 40 years. THAT BEARD IS OLDER THAN I AM! He is also a Viet Nam veteran and a lover of Chumbawamba. You heard me right, the Tubthumping band! He told me about the first time heard the lyrics "pissing my life away" was in jail. He said it was his wake up call to stop being an idiot. The poor guy's house was destroyed during the North Minneapolis tornado. But talking about it, he didn't seem to mind at all. Just a man enjoying life and not letting anything get him down. I wish more people were as optimistic as Bill.

Uncle Mikes is a pretty awesome place for food, fun, and sports! They have a pretty badass set up for bands and also show's all the UFC fights on a 12 foot screen! There is a cover, but you get some free drinks and its better than trying to find a spot to sit at Buffalo Wild Wings and getting shitty service and overpriced drinks!

Check them out on facebook Uncle Mikes M Pour E Yum

GOOD EATINGS FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment