Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Prosciutto is Bacons Italian cousin. At least it doesn't fist pump!

One thing I like about writing this blog and having friends in the food business is they always want to make food for you! Today's blog is from Bricks Neapolitan Pizza right next to the tattoo shop. My good friend Wes decided to make me these AMAZING dishes for me today.

First up is probably my new favorite appetizer. 2 stalks of asparagus, fresh house made mozzarella, wrapped in prosciutto. OH EM GEE!!!! I would seriously go to Bricks and get 2 orders of them and just make it a meal.


Bricks Pizza is a traditional Neapolitan pizza, on a thin crust and baked in a wood oven. On this one Wes put on some salami, prosciutto, onion, pepperoncini peppers, cream sauce, and red sauce. The saltiness of the meat with the cream sauce is a nice balance of flavors, and the pepperocini's add a nice little kick of heat to the mix.


They also have amazing salads, and their Panini sandwiches are fantastic as well. Check out their facebook page here Bricks

On a side note, my buddy John over at Live Young Die Fast is having a sale on his clothing line! Hop on over to check out the deals on some sweet shirts here
LYDF

1 comment: